Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Kinnikuman Day

Before getting yelled at by security at the 6th annual Kinnikuman Day Muscle Museum, I managed to snap a few shots of original artwork:

Kinnikuman Day 2011 4-29 (1 of 1)-12
Mask Hunting poster illustration

Kinnikuman Day 2011 4-29 (1 of 1)-13
Jump Comics volume 23 cover illustration

Kinnikuman Day 2011 4-29 (1 of 1)-14
Torn from the pages of Yudetamago's high school notebook!

Kinnikuman Day 2011 4-29 (1 of 1)-15
Reportedly the first manga inspired kimono ever made.

Kinnikuman Day 2011 4-29 (1 of 1)
For just 3813.07USD you can own your very own life-sized ethnic Kinnikuman, limited to 5 pieces!

Kinnikuman Day 2011 4-29 (1 of 1)-6
Magical Mosh Misfits' take on Warsman

Kinnikuman Day 2011 4-29 (1 of 1)-2

Kinnikuman Day 2011 4-29 (1 of 1)-23
I waited in line with a full bladder for over three hours to get a ticket which allowed me to wait in line another hour and a half to get this. A small price to pay as Nakai-sensei rarely does signings these days, especially as a duo with Shimada-sensei.

View the entire Flickr set here.

5 comments:

  1. Great stuff. I'm impressed by the competently drafted highschool manga. I also love how ridiculously badass Kinnikuman merchandise is, considering the source material. I've been meaning to get a Buffaloman Romandoh for... oh, I don't know... 12 years now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great stuff! They even personalized the autograph for you ~ nice guys for sure! Where they saying much to fans, or were they just trying to move people through the line?

    How many people would you guess attended the Museum?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, thanks for sharing~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah! Kinnikuman for life! I wish I could have made it there. That MXMXM Warsman is top notch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all the comments! I responded o them awhile ago but looks like I must've closed the browser before publishing or something...

    Yudetamago were very courteous but seemed like they were there to take care of business and get out as soon as possible. With how obsessive most of the fans were, I don't blame them one bit. More than one guy told them a sob story about how Kinnikuman saved their lives and cried on the stage. One guy even brought pictures from his Kinnikuman themed wedding to show them! I was seriously going to ask him if I could interview him for the blog, but he was long gone by the time I got out of line.

    If I had to estimate how many people were there, I'd say not enough!

    ReplyDelete